Come join a team where you'll feel like family. At Donner Ski Ranch you'll never be a number. We care about our employees and offer competitive pay and benefits, including wages starting at $12/hour, a fun, positive work environment, and free skiing at some of the Tahoe area's best resorts, including Sugar Bowl, Boreal, Soda Springs, and Homewood.
Donner ski ranch is currently hiring for all winter positions, as well as year-round management positions. Apply today!
groomer / snowcat operator
We are currently seeking intermediate and highly experienced Groomers/Snowcat Operators to join the Donner Ski Ranch team.
As Groomer, you will work evenings and nights in the serene wilderness, safely operating a snowcat to provide smooth, reliable skiing surfaces. You will meticulously prepare and maintain skiing surfaces around the mountain, preparing snowpark features and mountain elements. Additional responsibilities include operating other heavy equipment, such as a snowplow or loader to remove snow from the parking lot, as needed.
The position is seasonal, ending in April or May, depending on snowfall.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience operating a snowcat (highly desirable)
- Experience with other heavy equipment, such as a loader or blower, a plus
- Willing to work overtime, early morning, late evening, overnight, holiday, and weekend shifts, as required
- Understand grooming patterns and methods
- Ability to detect problems with equipment
- Understand and comply with safety guidelines
snow removal / heavy equipment operator
Operates heavy equipment including backhoe loader, front end loader, dozers, blowers, and other heavy equipment and/or operates light equipment, such as a hand operated snow blower. Previous training and experience in equipment operation is required.
- Responsible for the snow plowing and snow removal operations at the resort
- Provide the safest possible surfaces for our guests and employees to drive and walk on
- Safely and efficiently operate all equipment, including but not limited to, skid steers, snow blowers, plow trucks, backhoe, and front end loader
- Monitor all equipment and make sure that all issues are addressed promptly and communicated with Vehicle Maintenance
- Responsible for routine vehicle checks daily and minor repairs
- Ability to work unsupervised with a task list required.
- Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Must have the ability to lift 75lbs
- Must have the ability to perform manual, vigorous labor in varying weather conditions, including snow, ice, wind and rain
- Previous heavy equipment experience required
- Must have a flexible schedule which would include the ability to work early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
The Lift Operator is responsible for the safety of our guests while loading and unloading the chairlift, ensuring excellent customer service, efficient processes, and safe operations. Reporting to the Lift Operations Supervisors, this person will promote stellar service, ensuring that guests and employees have a fun and safe experience.
The position is seasonal, ending in April or May, depending on snowfall.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learns all chairlift safety and operations protocol
- Provides excellent service to customers, employees, and business partners
- Assists with snow removal including shoveling snow on ramps and directing employees to shovel snow
- Exhibits excellent customer service, communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy
- 18 years of age or older
- Literate and fluent in English
- Intermediate to advanced level skiing or snowboarding ability highly desirable
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral, mathematical, or diagram form
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior ski resort or hospitality experience highly desirable
Donner Ski Ranch is looking for an experienced candidate to join its Ski Patrol team to work Monday-Friday during the winter season. Ski Patrol will oversee a variety of guest service and risk management functions, providing hands-on execution of accident handling, first aid, trail maintenance, mountain sweeps, avalanche control, opening and closing procedures, lift evacuation, and search and rescue, promoting and creating a safe environment for guests and staff.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing medical care, and transporting sick and injured patients
- Performing closing procedures at the end of the day to ensure that all guests are safely off the mountain
- Set a positive example and provide top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner
- Mitigate skiing hazards through appropriate and consistent markings and signage
- Investigate accidents and carefully document
- Maintain and improve patrol skills
- Transporting and setting up supplies and equipment on skis
- Trail maintenance
- Leading avalanche mitigation techniques as well as safe explosives handling practices
- Chairlift guest evacuation
- Trail maintenance including marking and mitigating hazards to skiing public
- Completes accident, trail, lost person, dispatch, and other patrol paperwork
- Leads weekly safety meetings
- Participates in and supports mountain safety programs
- Patrollers must have advanced skiing ability using alpine skis and/or telemark skis, and be able to expertly handle a toboggan and carry out avalanche control duties
- Previous patrol experience
- Basic emergency care credentials, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and/or Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC) certified
- Must be able to work in inclement weather in a high alpine environment
- Must be committed to providing excellent guest service
- Must have strong communication skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must work well in a team
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs
SKI / SNOWBOARD INSTRUCTOR
Donner Ski Ranch is hiring ski and snowboard instructors of varying experience levels. Qualified candidates must have intermediate-advanced skiing/riding ability and deep enthusiasm for the sport. As an instructor, you will provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals, adults and children, with a focus on fun and safety.
- Provide superior ski / snowboard instruction to guests of all ages and in all programs
- Create a fun environment that is conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Encourage student enthusiasm for skiing / riding, the learning process, and the further development of good skiing / riding skills
- Develop and foster group dynamics appropriate for the age, skill, and makeup of the students in the class.
- Evaluate the accomplishments of students on a daily basis by using the appropriate and available methods developed for each Ski and Snowboard School program.
- Follow The Resort’s etiquette guidelines while interacting with guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, professional manner. Maintain positive relations with students, parents, visitors, and general public at all times.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisor and other Company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services / activities, exchange information and resolve problems.
- Instruct all students on The Responsibility Code, and uphold the highest levels of guest safety in varying winter weather conditions.
- Assist in operational responsibilities of Ski & Snowboard programs including but not limited to registration process, directing guests to appropriate equipment fitting source, upkeep of outdoor teaching areas and cleanliness of facilities
- Actively and effectively communicate with guests to explain programs, services, policies, schedules and rates.
- Attend all required training, safety and other meetings, required both by the department and company.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving personal skiing / riding and teaching abilities through attendance of supplementary training.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Strong intermediate skiing / snowboarding ability combined with the willingness and demonstrated aptitude to learn ski / snowboard instructing and work with guests of all ages.
- Must be able to complete required training upon hire
- Must be able to handle exposure to inclement weather; bending, lifting and squatting
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must have Customer Service Skills
- Must have Communication Skills
As a cashier, you will be responsible for providing friendly service to guests while handling guest purchases, accepting payment and counting change in the ticket office, retail shop and/or cafe. We are looking for individuals with a strong guest focus and upbeat attitude.
- Provide friendly customer service, accurate information, and promote product through point of successful sale
- Establish professional, yet personalized rapport with customer upon contact; by phone or in person
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information, and establishing trust with the customer to close of sale
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive work ethic
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to accurately count change and manage a cash drawer
- Ability to speak, read, and communicate in English
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Already has or has the ability to obtain a California Food Handlers Card
- Previous retail sales experience a plus
- Ability to gain and maintain a working knowledge of products
- Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
- Commitment to exceptional customer service
- Basic computer skills - required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
line / prep cook
We are looking for both prep and line cooks to support our resort café business. The ideal individual has past experience working in a kitchen, either as a line or prep cook, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- As a line and/or prep cook, you will prepare customer orders with accuracy and efficiency
- Provide quality service, taking pride in preparing quality products for customers
- Contribute to an overall positive and collaborative environment
- Prepare all food items to order
- Preps assigned items by cutting, slicing, portioning, etc.
- Maintains prep area in a clean, sanitary and safe manner
- Cooks food to order using the grill, fryer and stove
- Stocks and restocks items
- Rotates product
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a food safety handlers card
- Prior kitchen experience a plus, but not mandatory
- Attention to detail and customer service
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment